Muhammad (ﷺ) (Arabic: محمد; c. 570 – 8 June 632) was the Prophet of Allah sent to deliver the final message to mankind that Allah has completed his favour to mankind and chosen for us Islam as our way of life. He (ﷺ) was an individual who possessed exceptional character and behaviour.
Names and Lineage
He was given the name Muhammad (ﷺ), an unfamiliar name to the Arabs of the time.
The agreed upon genealogy is Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul-Mutallib ibn Hashim ibn Abd Manaf ibn Qusai ibn Kilab ibn Murrah ibn Ka’b ibn Lu’ai ibn Ghalib ibn Fahr ibn Malik ibn An-Nadhr ibn Kinanah ibn Khuzaimah ibn Mudrikah ibn Iliyas ibn Mudhar ibn Nizar ibn Ma’add ibn Adnan. The Translation of the Meaning of Sahih Al-Bukhari, Arabic-English translated by Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan Vol.5, pg.112-113
مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ بْنِ هَاشِمِ بْنِ عَبْدِ مَنَافِ بْنِ قُصَيِّ بْنِ كِلاَبِ بْنِ مُرَّةَ بْنِ كَعْبِ بْنِ لُؤَيِّ بْنِ غَالِبِ بْنِ فِهْرِ بْنِ مَالِكِ بْنِ النَّضْرِ بْنِ كِنَانَةَ بْنِ خُزَيْمَةَ بْنِ مُدْرِكَةَ بْنِ إِلْيَاسَ بْنِ مُضَرَ بْنِ نِزَارِ بْنِ مَعَدِّ بْنِ عَدْنَانَ
It is agreed upon that Adnan was a descendant of Ishmael ibn Ibrahim; However, there is a difference of opinion about those between Adnan and Ishmael. Biography of the Prophet by Shaikh Abdullah ibn Al-Shaikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab Vol.1, pg.12
- Aaminah bint Wahb (Mother)
- Abdul-Muttalib ibn Hashim (Grandfather)
- Al-Harith ibn Abdul-Muttalib (Eldest Uncle)
- Az-Zubair ibn Abdul-Muttalib (Uncle)
- Hamzah ibn Abdul Muttalib (Uncle)
- Abu Talib ibn Abd Al-Muttalib (Uncle]
- Abdul-Uzza ibn Abdul-Muṭṭalib (Uncle)
- Abdullah ibn Abdul-Muttalib (Father]
Allah gave the title of Mothers of the Believers to the wives of His Messenger (ﷺ).
The Prophet has seven children. The Noble Life of The Prophet by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee, Volume 1, p.107
- Qasim ibn Muhammad (ﷺ) (Son)
- Zaynab bint Muhammad (ﷺ) (Daughter)
- Ruqayyah bint Muhammad (ﷺ) (Daughter)
- Umm Kulthoom bint Muhammad (ﷺ) (Daughter)
- Abdullah ibn Muhammad (ﷺ) (Son)
- Fatimah bint Muhammad (ﷺ) (Daughter)
- Ibrahim ibn Muhammad (ﷺ) (Son)
The Importance of Studying His (ﷺ) Seerah
“You have in the person, in the character, in the example, and in the life of the Messenger of Allah a model for those who prepare for the meeting of Allah and the day of judgment” Surat Azhaab [33:21]
لقد كان لكم في رسول الله اسوة حسنة لمن كان يرجو الله واليوم الاخر وذكر الله كثيرا
- Helps establish the importance of his (ﷺ) example in the life of a muslim as we try to implement teachings of Islam
- Helps us to grasp, appreciate and better understand Islam
- Helps us to understand the details of (ﷺ) his life, understand why things happened, why, when, where and the impact on the lives of those following him
- Seerah is not simply a study of historical chronology, but an attempt to interpret and give reasons for what happened
- Teach us that his (ﷺ) Seerah is more than simply a biography
- Helps to acquire a deep understanding of his (ﷺ) life particularly in the principles that motivated him, and the procedures he (ﷺ) used to deal with challenges
- knowing his (ﷺ) actions gives an indication of how exceptional he (ﷺ) was
Description of the Prophet (ﷺ)
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was described as a unique man in all aspects even in his appearance.
Began on a Monday
The Prophet passed on the eighth day of Rabee’Al-Awwal, the third month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
|↑1||The Translation of the Meaning of Sahih Al-Bukhari, Arabic-English translated by Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan Vol.5, pg.112-113|
|↑2||Biography of the Prophet by Shaikh Abdullah ibn Al-Shaikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab Vol.1, pg.12|
|↑3||The Noble Life of The Prophet by Dr. Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabee, Volume 1, p.107|